Show off yourself and your institution using #HumFest17 on Twitter and win prize packs from the Wiley Humanities Team!
HOW TO ENTER: Share your photo of you and/or your friends at your College or University or Research Institution on Twitter with the hashtag #HumFest17 and ask your friends to retweet your photo – the entries with the most retweets win! There will be 10 prizes packs awarded so let’s see you and your school!
Wiley Humanities Festival Prize Packs:
- Exclusive branded festival tote bag – be the envy of all your friends!
- Fun swag from the Wiley Humanities Team
- Free copy of Game of Thrones Versus History:
Wiley Humanities Festival Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
HOW TO ENTER: Share your entry on Twitter with the hashtag #HumFest17 and ask your friends to retweet your photo – the entries with the most retweets win! There will be 11 prizes packs awarded so let’s see you and your school!
- ELIGIBILITY:-Wiley Humanities Festival Official Rules Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. All employees of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Void where prohibited by law.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 28th, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 8th, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
- CONTEST SUBMISSION:
- Must adhere to all listed Technical Specifications set forth below.
- Must be the participant’s original photograph.
- Must not infringe on or violate any other person’s or entity’s rights, including any rights of privacy or publicity.
Follow the links and instructions to upload your photograph. Any submission that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, and obscene or otherwise does not comply with the Content Restrictions set forth below, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall not be eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for lost and/or late submissions.
Content Restrictions: The photograph must NOT contain:
- Nudity, lewd or vulgar behavior.
- Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright infringement.
- Brand names or trademarks.
- Photos of artwork without proper license or ownership.
- Material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Photograph is created.
Failure of any photograph to comply with the above restrictions (collectively, the “Content Restrictions”), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall result in disqualification and removal from the site.
Technical Specifications: Participant must upload files of the photograph that comply with the following specifications:
- Formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, or other image displayed in Twitter.
Failure of any submission to comply with the above specifications, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall result in disqualification.
Each participant may enter an unlimited number of photographs during the Contest Period. The images with the most retweets will win.
License: Participant retains ownership of the copyright in any submitted photographs. However, by entering photograph(s) in this Contest, participant grants Sponsor the non-exclusive irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual right to edit, adapt, use and publish in any media now known or hereafter discovered any or all of the photographs without compensation to the participant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. ENTERING A SUBMISSION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT, CONVEYANCE, AND TRANSFERENCE TO SPONSOR OF THE FOREGOING RIGHTS.
- REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST WINNERS: The winner shall be notified by email on or about September 15th, 2017 or, in the event of repeated tiebreaker votes, the day following the last tiebreaker vote. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the chosen photograph shall be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Winner must comply with all contest rules as published. Winner agrees to conduct any and all media interviews related to the Contest if requested and not disparage Sponsor during any such interviews. Failure to comply with this requirement for any reason or return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable shall result in forfeiture of any prize, and the prize may be awarded to the participant with the second most number of votes. Acceptance of prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, address (city, state), likeness, Photograph, and/or prize information for contextual purposes worldwide, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winner agrees to modify photograph in any way dictated by Sponsor. Winner must supply all necessary files in a format that complies with the Technical Specifications. These requirements apply to residents of the US.
- PRIZES: up to ten (10) PRIZEs: The winning photograph wins a Wiley Prize pack featuring a branded festival tote bag and a free copy of Game of Thrones Versus History. Retail Value: $18.95
- DISCLAIMER AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering or participating in the Contest, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any submission or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the winner for the Contest, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Participants, by participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor, Prize Provider, all contest and advertising agencies, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and their respective successors and assigns (the “Indemnified Parties”), from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Contest; or their participation in the Contest; or the use of the photograph, including without limitation any claims relating to violations of the Content Restrictions. Winner also further acknowledges that the Indemnified Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Transfer:The prize is not transferable and no substitution is permissible, except at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- Taxes: Winner is responsible for any taxes or fees associated with the prize.
- Agreement to Official Rules:By participating in this contest, each entrant unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the contest.
- SPONSOR: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 111 River Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030. ADMINISTRATOR:John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 111 River Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030.
- LAW AND VENUE: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of New York, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and participant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal and State Courts located in New York County, New York.